Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Three days


Today is Tuesday and we have three days to set ourselves aside for fasting and prayer. I keep thinking of Ester and Mordecai and the people who fasted for Ester before she went before the king for the sake of her people and you and I.
We have three days before the VP Debate. I feel a strong moving to Fast and Pray until the debate is through. Will you join me?

I know that God has a plan here and he is working his plan. I pray that we will continually lift up Sarah and her Family in the next three days.
Pray for:
Wisdom
Courage
Honor
Freedom to speak her heart
Freedom to be herself
Willingness to let God fill her and be her strength
To be God's vessel
To hear Godly counsel
To feel God's empowerment
To Rest

For Todd
That he will be a strong tower for her
That he will rely on God
That he will be an encourager

For the Kids
They will understand and be proud of Mom
They will encourage her
They will lean on God through this week.


Lord, over the next three days Sarah and her family will need you more than ever. You have promised in your word that we will not be tested with more than we can bare or you will create an escape. Escape does not look possible or beneficial, so Lord we ask of you to give her the wisdom, understanding, psychical strength, and the sense of your presence and comfort. Lord, I will rely on you to provide all the other things she will need. I will trust you to be faithful and I pray that not my will but thine be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Thank you Father for hearing my prayer.
I pray in the blessed name of Jesus
Amen

No testing has overtaken you that is not common to everyone. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it. I Cor. 10:13 NRSV

1b. Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. 2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. 3a For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: Isa 43 1-3 KJV

No comments: