Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Love your enemies


Dear Father,
I pray that your will be done on this day, Lord as I read through Matthew 5 & 6 I keep coming across the verses of loving my enemy. In this battle of an election, we have found ourselves up against the enemy. Thank you for reminding me that you desire for me to love them. You know better than I do all the bad deeds, words and thoughts that have been done against us. Lord, I will ask you to take care of these, but Lord, forgive me of my deeds, words and thoughts against others that have not glorified you. Forgive me of my trespasses. Lord, only through your love can I love those who hate you and me. Teach me how to love my enemy.

Lord, the Palin Family has had hurtful deeds, words, and thoughts done to them during this election. Lord, remind them that this battle is Yours recall to their minds, Matthew 5:44 Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you. Lord, give them the grace to be gracious and loving to others. Give them the love and forgiveness they will need on this day and the many months to come.
Lord, unforgiveness is a powerful destroyer in our lives. Please let there be no unforgiveness in their heart and in ours. We can become unforgiving on there behalf, so Lord guard us and remind us daily to Love our enemies, because you loved us when we were your enemy. Thank you for Your forgiveness because without it we cannot do the things You have asked us to do. I love you and I desire to do your will.
I pray in Jesus Name and through His blood
Amen

No comments: