Monday, October 27, 2008

Let the righteous influence today

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish. Psalms 1 NIV


My Father,
Please bless those who delight in your law, plant them as trees by a stream of water and let them yield fruit in season. Lord, I pray this is the season for fruit to grow and ripen. Lord, I know it takes time for trees to grow and become fruit bearing.

Lord, I have seen Sarah as one to rely on You for her wisdom and strength. I have seen her look to you for her direction and you have directed her path. Lord, I pray this is the time for the wicked to be like the chaff that the wind blows away. Lord, I know that this election has been a spiritual battle. I pray that you will watch over the way of the righteous and remove those who are wicked.

Lord, the influence of evil is strong in our culture. Lord, I pray that as believers we are able to win our culture for you. I pray that good will be our heart’s desire. I pray that our culture will once again see Your right and see wrong as You see wrong. Lord, convict our land. I pray that we will confess our sins and delight in the law of the Lord. I pray that we will meditate day and night on Your words.

Allow the righteous influence today on the direction of this nation. Let your Truth be heard and believed today.

Give Sarah and Senator McCain the boldness and the strength that they need for this day. I pray for the whole staff, make this a productive day, one with eternal value for our nation.
I pray in the Word that became flesh, my Jesus.
Amen

No comments: