Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I do not doubt my God


Today is a bitter sweet day. I am sadden by the choice our nation has made. It makes my heart weep for my country to know that more than half are following a leader who does not believe in Life and who will do everything in his power to make the taking of life easier. Lord, I am sorry our country has walked so far from you. I now have a new president. Lord I pray that you will use his time in office for your glory. I pray that our nation will return to you. I will pray for my leaders and I will trust in you my God.

Lord, I thank you for Sarah and her family. I pray that you will go with them as they go back home and and continue being first family of Alaska. Thank you for their service and their transparency as they campaign. Lord, thank you for the opportunity of meeting them and praying for them. I thank you for Sarah and her belief in you and her love for her country. Protect her from those who wish to harm her, her name and reputation. Lord, use Sarah for your greatness. Thank you for creating her and using her to give the church hope in this nation. Bring Christians together as a people who can show other the love of Christ. Thank you for Sarah's leadership and candor.


I will miss seeing her in the news and praying for her. I pray that she will be able to rest and continue to be Sarah. Lord, last night when the tears were in her eyes they were running down my face. Lord, I hurt for her and her family and for all that came to know her and love her, but Lord, I know the day is not done. I know you will continue to use Sarah. Give her wisdom and keep her path straight.
I pray in the name of Jesus Christ my comfort.
amen

No comments: